Thursday 17 October 2013

Defeat (August 24th 1995)

 DEFEAT (August 24th, 1995)

It seems so strange to think she's gone.
I still remember
the days we laughed,
the days we laughed and
the days we cried.
There's just me left to cry now.

All the times we fought,
stood together fighting for the same,
that great prize.
So many rounds we won -
so much we overcame.
Others too joined in the fight
but it wasn't enough.
Although only one has gone,
it feels like we all have lost.
I don't understand it
and I feel confused.
I try not to think too much
because then I can't hurt.
I always believed
that life would last forever -
then it got taken away.
I think of all the little things -
things that she'll never know
and that's when I hurt.

The hurt will heal -
as all wounds do,
in time.
So I will continue the fight -
fighting in that one great battle
so that victory may be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment